I am the type of person who never forgo any travel plan just because I don’t have partner or my friends refuse to go for different reasons. I have traveled a lot in the past few year and here are Few Traveling alone Tips I have gathered for anyone traveling alone on their own. Well in my opinion and Experience, I highly recommend others to travel alone or in groups but you should must travel. Traveling alone reveals our confidence to the highest level.
- Do a lot of research:
You must visit Travel websites like TripAdvisor to check what people say about the hotel and its surroundings from their reviews. This will help you get an Idea about the safety and location benefits of that area. Add those places in our Visit list that have excellent reviews.
- Do networking, Make a local friend is a Plus:
Apps like LINK, Instagram and Facebook and a lot of networks where you can connect with the travelers around the globe. Google Maps Guide program is excellent option for this, where you can ask people about certain places and food options.
- Keep connected with back home:
In case you are traveling alone or with your friends, you should always keep one person updated about our plans and location, so you can get help if something goes wrong.
- Keep your travel documents in Cloud drive:
Keep scanned copies of your documents in a cloud drive like Google Drive of DropBox to which you can access from any computer.
- Register with IAMAT:
International Association for Medical Assistance to Travelers will help you in your medical treatments during travel from their connected medical centers around the world.
- Keep your baggage light in weight:
Light baggage have many advantages, you can walk for long distances with them, you can run with them if you feel anyone following you and top of the list if you will have more space to do shopping and to stay in airline bag weight limits.
- Keep Emergency numbers with you:
Emergency numbers must be saved in hard copy along with the contact in your mobile phone.
- Divide your money to stay away from massive loss:
You should not keep all our money with you at same place. Divide them in Cash, Debit cards and some cash back in hotel.
- Keep useful gadgets with you:
You must have few useful gadgets with you all the time, like Power Bank, Camera, Spare battery for mobile, more than 1 mobile, and headphones to enjoy music.
- Fake Wedding Ring helps you stay away from bullshits:
Wearing a fake wedding ring while Traveling alone helps you get out of many trouble situation especially when you are visiting Middle East. You should wear fake wedding ring as recommended by U.S. State Department.
- Slash proof bags will works like a portable Safe:
- Never disclose that you are alone to strangers:
Don’t keep telling everyone that you are traveling alone. You should post wisely on social media.
- Save the coordinates of your hotel location with you:
You should save the coordinates of your hotel location saved in your mobile and keep the address written in hard form with you to hand to taxi drivers.
- Keep yourself present while listening to music:
It is highly recommended to listen music with just one ear and keep the other ear free to hear whats going on around you.
- Get an internet connection and install Google Map in your smartphone:
Google Map will help you stay on right path to your destination. Whether you are walking or driving rented car.
- Don’t sleep during night travel:
- Make a fake phone call in front of your Taxi Driver:
He will get to know that you are meeting someone on your destination even if you are not.
- Track your Cab with Google map just to make sure you are going on right route:
- Talk and meet with a lot of people and learn to say NO to the things you feel not right for you.